Sunday, May 3, 2009

Well, I promised, and promised, and promised...

And finally have something to show for it! Yaay!

Finished Object: Promise Socks, for my mother, whose patience is bordering on saintly
Pattern: The YarnHarlot's Vanilla Sock Recipe
Yarn: Bernat Sox Multi, in Wooded Denim
Needles: 2.5 mm double pointed needles

I did two inches of two-by-two ribbing, and one inch of plain stockinette before I started the heel. After the heels, I knitted until the whole thing measured seven and a half inches from the very back of the heel. And voila! Socks, finally.

Now I just have to make those bleeding Coquette socks for her... *grumble grumble grumble*

In other knitting news, I finished a sock for a stuffed lion of mine named Leonard da Quirm. The name's from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, by the way. Anyhoo, he had one sock from my two-at-a-time tutorial, and I felt as though he needed a second, totally unmatched sock. Pictures are still in the works. Read: I should be doing homework now, and ought to take a damned picture, but that is much much much less important than homework I left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment