Friday, May 8, 2009

Babblety Babble

Babble #1
My first 15-a-side rugby game, on Monday. We played St. Mark's, and won 32-0. If you don't know how rugby works, grab a drink, sit back, and I'll explain a wee bit for ye.
Getting points is called a "try", which you get by touching the ball into the endzone. Five points per try, and two for every time you kick the ball between the goalposts. So we had six tries, and one extra.
I think I played 15 minutes (each half is half an hour in 15s). I went on a wee bit before half-time, and was sent a sub a while after. I took my mouthguard out, and found it foamy, not spitty =S. Apparently, I wasn't hydrated enough.
They kicked to us the second half, and I noticed no one was moving towards the ball. I picked it (I think I yelled "PICK!") and ran with it. Two people tackled me, and I presented to ball to my side, was rucked over, and kept going. But the fancy bit is, that when I got tackled, I bounced. My right side is so sore! And I've only got a little thumbprint of a bruise on my hip-bone.
My next game's at Notre Dame on Tuesday, at 4:45pm. Am quite excited =).

Babble #2
Finished Object: Leonard da Quirm's Sock (the one on the left. His right, but our left)
Pattern: 32 sts, 10 rnds k2, p2 rib, a bit of st st, w and t heel, foot, toe, etc.
Yarn: King Cole Merino Blend DK, Coral : Klutz Knitting Kit, Blue Varigated
Needles: 2.5mm Addi Turbo Lace needles (my left index is so sore D=)

I ran out of yarn for the toe- whoops. It's a bit funny, but ah well, it fits. Ish.

Babble #3
Two in one post, eh?

Finished Object: Dishcloth of Boredom
Pattern: 30 sts, garter stitch
Yarn: Bernat Handcrafter Cotton, Pink
Needles: 5mm, and some crochet hook- J?

Knit until was square, cast off, crocheted border. Am still bored =(.

Babble #4
Who can sing in a cage, with bars so cold, and space so small? Who can lift a voice in song when trapped and enclosed?
Abused, and sketched, who will sing?
Not I.
In response to Pour faire le portrait d'un oiseau. Written in French class, if you must know.

No comments:

Post a Comment